In the last twelve months, I’ve attempted a challenge to read as many books in a year. My goal was 24 books and to experiment with some different authors. I have about a month to go and about 3 more books left to read.
Here is my list to date:
- East End Jubilee – Carol Rivers
- Pam Weaver – For Better or Worse
- The Kelly Sisters – Maureen Lee
- A Summer Promise – Katie Flynn
- The New Arrival – Sarah Beeston MBE
- War Baby – Lizzie Lane
- Without Trace – Lesley Pearce
- The Ophran’s – Dilly Court
- Sins of the Mother – Irene Kelly
- Too Close to Home – Susan Lewis
- The Buffer Girls – Margaret Dickinson
- Me Me Me – Charlotte Crosby
- Ragged Rose – Dilly Count
- Lights Out Liverpool – Maureen Lee
- Love Me Tender – Anne Bennet
- The Swan Maid – Dilly Court
- The Girl With No Name _ Diney Costeloe
- A Family Scandal – Kitty Neale
- Our Country Nurse – Sarah Beeston MBE & Amy Beeston
- Finding Tipperary Mary – Phyliss Whitsell
- Polly’s Angel – Katie Flynn (Still reading)
I did read on social media the other day that a woman had read 70 books so far in 2016. Kudos to her, however 70 books is an incredible amount of reading. I have experimented with some new authors in the last 12 months, however my genre doesn’t seem to have changed. I have read a few biographies as you will see from my list above. It’s always a learning experience when reading about someone else’s life.
The books, I tend to read always have a historical and cultural element, which I find very intriguing. It certainly makes you appreciate the life you have today. I feel the only way I could beat 24 books a year, is if I stop watching television. I really don’t think that is going to happen. I shall attempt another reading challenge once this one is complete.
You must be logged in to post a comment.