My goal for 2021 was to read more than 40 books. If I could beat my previous years target of 66 books or more, I was going to be extremely happy. I achieved 43 books in total, therefore I superseded my target and averaged nearly one book a week, which wasn’t bad for last year.
Here is my reading list: –
- The Whitechapel Girl – Gilda O’Neil
- Quick Cooking – Mary Berry
- The Colliers Wife – Chrissy Walsh
- A Sisters Sorrow – Kitty Neal
- The Jam Factory Girls – Mary Wood
- The Abandoned Daughter – Mary Wood
- The Little Book of Colour- Karen Haller
- Joe Biden – Beatrice Gormley
- The Brave Daughters – Mary Wood
- The Wronged Daughter – Mary Wood
- An Orphan’s Journey – Dilly Court
- Secrets of the Jam Factory Girls – Mary Wood
- As Time Goes By The House – Anne Bennett
- Get Fit, Get Healthy, Get Happy – Mark Wright
- Another Mans Child – Anne Bennett
- Unnatural Causes – Dr Richard Shepherd
- Winter Wedding – Dilly Court
- Where’s There’s a Will – June Francis
- Girls in Tin Hats – Anne Murray
- A Girl From Woolworths – Elaine Everest
- Two Pence to Cross the Mersey – Helen Forrester
- The Case for Keto – Gary Taubes
- Suspects – Lesley Pearce
- Fortunes Daughter – Dilly Court
- A Promised Land – Barack Obama
- A Mother’s Secret – Kitty Neal
- The Patchwork Girls – Elaine Everest
- A Winter Love Song – Rita Bradshaw
- The Forgotten Daughter – Glynis Peters
- The Doctor Will See You Now – Dr Amir Khan
- Reluctant Heiress – Dilly Court
- It’s a Love Story – Martin Kemp & Shirley Kemp
- Rome is Where the Heart is – Tilly Tennant
- Over the Rainbow – Katie Flynn
- Keto in an Instant – Jen Fisch
- Shuggie Bain – Douglas Stuart
- Shamed – Linda Castillo
- The Stolen Baby – Diney Costeloe
- The Butler – Danielle Steel
- A Sinple Wish – Rosie Goodwin
- Meet Me in London – Georgia Toffola
- The Red Cross Orphans – Glynis Peters
- The Asylum – Carol Minto
Here’s a reading Q&A
What is your favourite time of the day to read.
I tend to read when I go to bed, however I do listen to audiobooks during the day whilst I’m undertaking tasks.
How many hours do you read a day.
I can read or listen anything from 15mins to 2/3 hrs. It all depends what I’m doing or how tired I am.
What is my favourite genre.
Historical fiction is my favourite, however I’m trying other genres. I do like biographies, I feel it’s an education learning someone else’s struggles. It can make me appreciate my life and have empathy and compassion for other people. Even though I have cancer, I’m always saying there is someone out there suffering more than me so I’m lucky.
Which author did you first get obsessed with.
I would say it was Lyn Andrews then Katie Flynn
Who are you currently obsessed with.
Definitely Mary Wood and Dilly Court. To be fair my obsession is growing with many authors.
Can you read multiple books at one time.
Yes I can, nevertheless I think two is enough for me.
Which book/books was your favourite this year.
I did love “The Orphans Journey ” by Dilly Court, “Patchwork Girls ” by Elaine Everest and “The Jam Factory”’Series by Mary Wood.
Who was your favourite author this year.
I would say Mary Wood because her books are all so different and clearly well researched. Her imagination is incredible and it blows my mind how creative she is with her books.
Which new authors did you try this year
I would say Tilly Tennant and Georgia Toffola this year.
Which book touched you this year.
It has to “The Asylum” by Carol Minto. The true story was about the horrific abuse by her family and Aston Hall, the asylum.
How many books do you intend to read in 2022
I’m think about 40 again, let’s see what happens.