We are moving again to a permanent nest in the UK. A cute mid terrace house in a market town within Northamptonshire. Finally I will be able to open our boxes from Canada, however I’m sure that we won’t be opening them all until the house is fully decorated.
My dream renovation list:
- Replacement windows and doors in time, as we want triple glazing/sash style windows. Replace the current UPVC white external doors to either composite or timber doors to within keeping of the historic period of the property. Reduce the master bedroom window to its original size.
- External decoration once the windows have been replaced
- A loft conversion also known as converting the roof space to form a drawing office/craft studio.
- Conversation of bedroom 2 by dividing the room into a main bathroom and en suite to master bedroom.
- Form a walk in closet to the master bedroom.
- Form a linen cupboard on the landing.
- Relocate the boiler from bedroom 3 to the laundry room.
- Convert existing downstairs shower room into utility room (laundry room) and cloak room (1/2 bath). I may move its current location once I’ve opened up the space.
- Rebuild the infill extension/conservatory to conform with Building Regulations. (Building Codes)
- Remove the rear external walls to open up into the extension to form open plan kitchen and dining area.
- I may reconfigure the area to form the kitchen, dining area, cloak room and utility room.
- Provide french doors to the patio area.
- Open up chimney for a log burner in the living room (great room)
- Remove chimney breast in bedroom 2 to accommodate new bathrooms.
- Provide new/extend existing lighting,.
- Fit new fire & carbon monoxide alarms and possibly security system.
- Replace internal doors.
- Provide new plumbing were its required and possible replace/relocation of radiators.
- Damp proofing work if required.
- Full redecoration and flooring throughout the house.
Basically the list is endless, and I’m sure I wont have any money left for a long time but I can dream. I may start a blog showing my develops, it all depends on time. Wish me luck.